Thursday, December 1, 2011

I'm Just a Little Dizzy!!

I can't believe it's already December! It has been almost two weeks since our trip up to Hopkins to see the neurologist. David and I left my appointment that Friday morning with such mixed emotions, and it truly took about a week for me to feel gratitude and relief for my visit.

I finally have a dual diagnosis of meniere's disease and vestibular migraines. I struggled with the diagnosis of the vestibular migraines because I don't typically have headaches! Unfortunately, the doctor was terrible at explaining both of these conditions, and even worse at explaining his course of treatment. However, after talking with friends and family members who have nursing or medical experience, I am learning more and more each day and understanding what both of these conditions really mean.

I feel like I've been on a medical roller coaster this year, and the journey has been frustrating and scary at times. I have been overwhelmed by so many friends and family members who have faithfully prayed for me, called me, encouraged me, e-mailed me, and even put up with my many medical e-mails (you know who you are!) I can't thank you all enough for loving me well!  I have seen God's love poured out in my life this year as I have struggled with each doctor visit. I can't imagine going through life without knowing how much God loves me, and cares for me.

I know my journey is not over, but I can look back at the journey and be grateful for the times I've spent crying out to God and seeking Him.  I love looking back at the Scriptures my friends and family sent to me over the summer when I would travel to Alexandria Hospital every week.  Today, I would like to thank Mrs. Clayton for Psalms 34:4-5 "I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears." 


Ninevah.....definitely represents Jonah running away from God. While I don't necessarily feel like I was running away from the Lord, I do know I have been running away from trusting doctors and pharmaceutical drugs. However, for this season in my life, God provided an abundance of doctors who were able to identify, diagnose, and treat me.  I will be following up with my ENT for continued treatment and to monitor the meniere's disease and vestibular migraines. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.