Friday, October 14, 2011

Sharing my journey...

I am blessed every day. From the moment I wake up, to the moment my head slumps down to my pillow, I navigate my day failing to see all of the gifts and blessings that surround me every minute. I have tried to record some of these blessings in a journal...and it's so rewarding to look back and remember the gifts- big and small- that have been given to me each day.

Today I am grateful for doctors! If you know me and the season I am going through with medical professionals, you know this is a HUGE declaration! I have spent more hours in doctor's offices this year than I care to remember or recount. Yet throughout the world, there are thousands of people dying every day because they don't have medical treatment---at all. Simple antibiotics that we take for granted in this country could literally save the lives of thousands of others all over the world. Yet I have complained about these doctors and these medications for most of this past year.  My own comfort and frustrations have gotten in the way of my gratitude for the plethora of doctors available to me.

Today, I was accepted as a patient at John's Hopkins University in their Neurology Department.  To say I am thankful is an understatement!  While I anxiously await my appointment on November 18th, I hope to continue sharing the blessings and gifts of this journey.  I say it is a journey to Ninevah, and I hope along the way, you will see why.  I am walking in daily obedience to what God has set before me (only after taking a trip and running the other way to "Tarshish"...which, by the way...is located in modern day SPAIN!)


I hope you will enjoy this adventure, and will be able to see some of your own gifts and blessings as you read about mine! Of course, I will continue to post any medical updates here to keep you informed. Thanks for your prayers and continued phone calls and e-mails. I have the best family, the best friends, and I am honored that God has chosen to bless me with an abundance of love!








1 comment:

  1. Hi Steph, This blog is a great idea and I am encouraged to see how God has continually worked in your life and given you an opportunity to reach out to others. As your mother, I know the difficulties and challenges you have been facing with health issues for you and your family,and I wish they would all go away. But our God has a plan for you and it is not to harm you, but to give you hope. We know he is faithful to those who love Him and I know how much you do, and how much you help others to glorify God. You remind me to be thankful that I have this time to spend with my mother in her older years instead of looking at her as an interruption to what I want to do. You are truly an example to me to be joyful, and the only way that can be accomplished is if I'm faithfully in his word seeking his encouragement on a daily basis and leaning on Him for understanding. I know that is something you do faithfully and I'm happy to see that you can recognize the blessings and not only the hurdles. As a mother, I have to confess, it is much easier to teach our children those principles than it is to live by them ourselves. Thank you for reminding me to look at what God wants for me when my mother's aid doesn't arrive and I have to change my plans for the day at the last minute. It is how we deal with these interruptions of life that give us an opportunity to show the love of Christ. I will continue to faithfully pray for your health and healing and to thank God for you and your brother and sister. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.